Dr.Akbar Kausar's Hospital complex consisting of the Al-Kausar Herbal Unani International Hospitals, Daiveega Maruthuvam Unani Hospital, Al-Kausar Unani Kidney Foundation.
Introduction at a Glance
Al-Kausar Unani International Hospitals was founded by the esteemed Bade Hakeem Saheb, who has won much appreciation and applause for his achievement and discoveries in the field of Medicine.
Dr. Hakeem S. Akbar Kausar popularly known as “Bade Hakeem Saheb” is a popular Unani Physician and Herbalist. Though he is based in Vaniyambadi, in Vellore district of Tamil Nadu, he is familiar through- out India for his Classical Unani treatments. If India is an Ethnic Museum his clinics are the best example for his patients belonging to different religions, regions, languages, Caste and Creed.
Education and Research
He is institutionally qualified in Herbal Medicine, Medicinal plants, Aromatic Plants, Chinese Medicine, Yoga, Naturopathy, Oil therapy, Beauty and Aroma therapy.
He is a linguist with Certificate in Urdu and Arabic Literature.
He was awarded a Ph.D. for Alternative Medicine and D.Sc., (Honours in Causa) from International Open University for Complementary Medicines, Sri Lanka.
He has served as a Member of Board of Studies (Unani) in The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University,Chennai.
Currently he is the Member of Advisory Board Moulana Mohammed Ali Jauhar University, Rampur.
- Dr. Kausar has translated entitled “Maghzanul Muffaradath” (Unani Materia Medica) book from Urdu to Tamil language for Government of Tamil Nadu. Rendered free service without any remuneration. This book is prescribed for B.U.M.S. Degree course.
- He has carried out extensive research on Kasini plant in collaboration with Coimbatore Avinasilingam University and Madras University and has proved the efficacy of the herb in treating diabetes, Kidney and Liver disorders. As an outcome of the research the cheapest rate of 50 paise per Kg with government support is made available to all.
- Research with these universities helped him to come out with the herbal Drugs (a) Kasini Plus (b) Kasini Ashshifa - 1000 (c) Ashshifa- 500 for treating Diabetes, Hepatitis and Chronic Renal Failure respectively.
- He has done extensive research on Thala Virutcham, the concept of temple trees in Hinduism, the Kevala trees of Jain temples and Bodhi trees of Buddhist temples.
- He has identified more than 600 varieties of plants from the old Unani Classical literature which are related to planetary movements (Navagarha Plants) and simultaneously influence Human life.
- The Tamil Nadu legislative Assembly lauded by the Hon’ble speaker, Ministers and M.L.A. passed a resolution recognising the services of Dr. Akbar Kausar in the treatment of Diabetes, Kidney diseases, Alcohol and Drug De-addiction with Unani Herbal medicines. The Agriculture Minister requested the MLA’s to propagate Dr. Akbar Kausar’s invention Kasini plant in their respective constituencies and encourage the farmers to start Kasini cultivation (13-05-1999). Hon’ble Chief Minister exempted sales tax to the Kasini plant products.
- Tamil Nadu Assembly Legislative Assurance Committee visited Dr. Kausar’s Hospital on 16-09-2003, appreciated his dedicated medical services and recommended to the Government of Tamil Nadu to preserve and publish the medical books, journals and medical articles written by Dr. Akbar Kausar.