Ashshifa 500 , a coded unani drug is a combination of Unani herbs of 18 varieties said to be very useful in the maintanence of kidney failure patients in the Unani medical literature.
This drug was discovered and studied primarily by Dr Hakeem. S.Akbar Kausar, the chief physician and director of the Al Kausar Unani International Hospitals. He has been practicing medicine efficiently from the past three decades and is well-versed in many herbal and medical therapies and treatments.
In 1995, Ashshifa 500 was tested in the department of Bio-Chemistry and molecular Biology, University of Madras, Guindy campus, Chennai and the results were amazing. Ashshifa-500 has been found useful in expelling urea, creatinine, etc. that are deposited in blood due to kidney failure.
The results of the researches about Ashshifa-500 have been brought to the attention of the Central Council of Scientific and Industrial Research in New Delhi.
- The council approved of the convincing research findings and a grant has been allotted to the department of Bio-Chemistry, University of Madras, permitting them to continue advance research on the topic for the next five years.
- This study was initially funded by the Al Kausar foundation and later sponsored by the council of scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) government of India, New Delhi.
Research Report on Ashshifa 500
- The results of the researches about Ashshifa-500 have been brought to the attention of the Central Council of Scientific and Industrial Research in New Delhi.
- The Council was satisfied with the result of Ashshifa-500 and consequently it has given a grant to the Department of Bio-Chemistry of Madras University to continue further researches on Ashshifa-500 for 5 years.
- Financial assistance given initially by Al kausar Unani International Hospitals, Vaniyambadi and later by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) Government of India, New Delhi.
- Ashshifa the coded drug supplied by Al kausar Unani International Hospitals, Vaniyambadi for research work.
- The Research work was done in the Madras University Campus for the period of five years from 1995 to 1999 in the Department of Bio-Chemistry & Molecular Biology, University of Madras, Chennai.
- The first research report on Acute Renal Failure was submitted to Bade Hakeem Saheb, Director, Al-KausarUnani International Hospitals by Prof. P.T. Manoharan Vice-Chancellor, University of Madras on 10-6-1998 in his Chamber congratulating and honouring Dr. S. Akbar Kausar for his invention “ASHSHIFA - 500”.
- Second research report on Chronic Renal Failure was submitted by the university to Dr. Akbar Kausar in the month of April 1999.
- A consolidated research report on both Acute Renal Failure and Chronic Renal Failure was submitted to Dr. Akbar Kausar by Rev. Fr. Dr. Ignachimuthu, Vice - Chancellor, University of Madras on 25.11.2005.
- Col. Dr. G. Thiruvasagam, ViceChancellor, University of Madras Presented the copy of final advance research report on 14.05.2012 in his chamber.
Bade Hakeem Saheb Dr. Hakeem S. Akbar Kausar, Founder , AL-KausarUnani International Hospitals, was honoured by the University of Madras on the occassion of its 150th Anniversary Celebrations, by presenting the prestegious “Hakeem Ajmal khan Saheb National Award” for his 38 years dedicated services to Unani System of Medicine.
Award was presented by the Chief guest Hon’ble Prof. Mohammed Miya, Vice-Chancellor, Moulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad dated 08.03.2011 - Chennai. JanabKhamrul Islam Saheb, Hon’ble Karnataka Cabinet Minister JanabKhaleelMamoon I.P.S., and Janab A. Ashraf dignitaries were seen on the dias.